I've been tagged...
Other than, “O Shi#, I’m finally doing this thing”…..
Standing on the shore waiting for the swim to start, I looked up and saw D.J and K.J. standing on the dock smiling, watching, and waiting for me start. That was pretty awesome.
2. Describe a memory from your most recent triathlon.
I was sick the two weeks prior to my last tri. I felt like A$$ and almost didn’t compete. I had some friends coming to watch me race and I really didn’t want to let them down by not racing. I ended up taking third in my age group (my first tri medal). That was pretty cool.
3. What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you in a tri?
Actually, it wasn’t a tri, it was a half marathon. It was the end of the race and I was hurting bad… the tunnel vision going strong. I blew by the final turn that lead to the final 200 yards to the finish line. I realized my mistake, did a U-turn, and made my way to the finish line. Nothing like providing a little free entertainment for the masses.
4. What's the most thrilling thing that's happened to you in a tri?
Crossing the finish line at Gulf Coast Half Ironman with K.J. last year.
5. What is something you discovered about yourself by doing triathlons?
There are so many……I’ll hit a few.
I’ve discovered that I am capable of far more than I ever thought. I’ve discovered I LOVE pushing my body to its limits (not always a good thing). I’ve discovered I can be extremely organized. I’ve discovered that 24 hours just isn’t enough.
6. What is The Big Goal that you're working towards?
Ironman Florida 2007
Jay, you've been tagged.