Friday, May 05, 2006

Rain-a-thon

The Js and a family friend headed out to attend a local walk-a-thon for the American Cancer Society. DJ's sister is a cancer survivor and the J's were there to honor her. Always looking to fit in a workout, I brought along my running shoes. My plan was to head out for seven or eight miles of running once we were at the walk-a-thon. I'd run, and then meet back up with D and K at the walk-a-thon and finish walking with them. I headed out shortly after ariving. At about mile two, I noticed a huge dark cloud was headed straight for the area. I continued on, hoping to get in a few more miles before the rain started. A half mile later, the wind began to pick up. I decided it was time to head back. Just as I made the turn to head back to the car, I began to feel the first few drops of rain. It was pouring in no time. I didn't really mind the rain, the lightening however, was not something I enjoyed. But, being three miles away from the shelter of the car, all I could do was slosh my way back. The rain subsided slightly a couple of times, but only briefly. By the time I made it back to the car, I was thoroughly soaked. There was a Burger King not far from where I'd had parked. DJ and KJ were waiting in the car when I got back. They were very glad to see me, espicially KJ. They followed me to the Burger King where I dried off a bit and changed clothes.


Dry clothes...never leave home without them. 5.33 miles/49:31.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home