Sunday, July 27, 2008

Checking In

Rain kept me off the bike until Thursday afternoon last week. I rode 40 miles Thursday afternoon and 75 yesterday. Only got in a couple of short runs this week, also because of the rain. I swam 3 times with the masters group, about an hour each session. All together I ended up with somewhere between 10 and 11 hours for the week. Hopefully the afternoon thunderstorms will subside this week and I'll be able to get in a few more sessions.

The new running shoes (Asics GT-2130) are great so far. I think they may be my favorite yet. They seem to give me a bit more forward tilt, which puts me slightly more on the front of my foot. A good thing for a heel striker. It's not a major tilt, just a enough to barely notice. I've only run in them a few times, but so far I couldn't be happier.

Hope everyone has a great week of training,
TJ

6 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

I've heard so much good stuff about the Asics. I think that is the next brand I want to "try" LOL. I'm on my fifth brand now...

We've been getting those afternoon thundershowers too, but I'm not complaining! We need it!!

12:17 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

We are actually above our usual rain fall, which is good, but yes storms do have a way of impacting workouts. Glad you found shoes you like. Right now I wish I could be doing more running ...

1:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

glad to hear your training is going well. take care.

7:20 AM  
Blogger triguyjt said...

I can never go wrong with my Asics!!!!

Have a great week.. Hey, I just figured... You are me in the mirror.

TJ JT.....never mind!!!

1:52 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Glad you love the shoes! Keep up the good training and stay cool.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Judi said...

I love my 2130's too.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home