Monday, September 08, 2008

Rolling Along

The last week or so has been great.
I went over to Dothan last Saturday with a couple of friends for the TriStates100. Although the heat got pretty rough at the end of the ride, we still had a great time. Good route, good roads, great rest stops and great food afterwards. I highly recommend it and I’m sure I’ll be going back next year.

I finished up painting in KJ’s room last week also, although all of her stuff is STILL in our living room. Hopefully it’ll all be somewhat back in place by the end of this week. Then it’ll be time to move on to the next room. We’re still debating which will be next…

Training has been going great lately and I managed 12 hours last week. I capped off the week with a brick Saturday and a nice short ride with breakfast afterwards Sunday morning. The brick Saturday was what I call an A.D.D brick (aerobic descending distance, not the other A.D.D). The intensity is easy to steady throughout....aerobic. And with each sport the length drops down one race distance. For this session, I started out with a half IM swim, then an Olympic bike, finishing off with a sprint distance run. I’ll probably do the longer version (IM swim, Half IM bike, Oly run) in a few weeks. These sessions let me get in a nice long aerobic workout while greatly reducing the chance of injury, specifically ITBS.
I hope to keep things rolling this week as I start to focus more on lowering the intensity of some of my training and start building my base back up during the Fall and Winter.

Huge congrats to Rural Girl for ripping up the course at Ironman Wisconsin and breaking that magical 12 hour mark. It was great following along online and seeing it all come together at the finish line. And how about Chris McDonald? Wow! Second at IM Louisville last week and then taking the win at IM Wisconsin only a week later. That’s gotta be a first.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Happy training,
TJ

4 Comments:

Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Glad the ride went well! And good to see that they also have a metric century option (my husband doesn't do well in the heat so 100K is plenty for him).

That A.D.D. brick idea is very interesting. I might try one this week. Thanks!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Wes said...

Those 100 milers in the summer are tough! Nicely done!!

7:35 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

We ended up doing the 100K option at TriStates. I hear the century is flatter than the metric, so I'll probably do it next year.
Shirley, you like the brick. It's a lot of fun.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks, TJ.

The ADD workout concept is cool; keeps things interesting. I'll have to try it this off season.

My days of painting are coming up soon as well. My daughter wants her room painted and I kept saying, "after Ironman". Well, it's after Ironman so I better get to it!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home