Thursday, May 25, 2006

Dreams

Dreams can be fun, scary, strange, goofy, depressing, and sometimes very realistic.
I’ve had the dream many times in which I show up at a triathlon missing some vital piece of equipment…bike, shoes, clothes, whatever.
Last night I had a somewhat similar dream, but I wasn’t in a triathlon. I was in a cycling road race. The twist…it was me and two other dudes on a triple seater. I was up front in control. One of the other two guys kept disappearing, and then poof, he’d be back. We were on a very hilly winding course. We took corners like motorcycle racers, almost touching our knees on the pavement. We were going very fast. It was night. We weren’t wearing helmets. And we were all wearing running shorts and running shoes.
I think I woke up before the finish of the race, so I don’t know if we won, ran off a cliff or just all vanished.
They say all dreams have meaning. Maybe this dream rolled some of my fears into one big goofy ball and played them out in a whacked-out roadie race, maybe it was just my subconscious out on a joy ride, or maybe it was my mind/body retaliating against me for doing a hard brick in very hot conditions yesterday.
Either way, it was a weird one.
Happy dreaming….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home