Monday, May 22, 2006

Rest Relaxation and Reflection

It’s been a week since race day and I’ve had a little time to look back.
Lessons learned: clear goggles may not be the best choice for this race. The sun was really bright coming back in.
Take the freakin sunscreen. My shoulders got really sunburned.
Take the extra 15 seconds to dry my feet in T1. My feet were white, wrinkled and burning at the end of the race due to them being wet the whole race. This could be a MAJOR problem in a full Ironman race.

I’ve stacked up the zeros this week (purposefully) getting in one session on the bike and one run. I’m rested up and ready to train for whatever is next, which will probably be a sprint race in August. The strange thing is, before Gulf Coast, I was looking forward to being able to take a break (more than a few days) from training. Now, post race, I’m more fired up about triathlon than I’ve ever been. I was online looking for another race the day I got back home. The mind is a strange thing, at least mine is anyway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Congrats on your race!

And anyone who can come up with "At least you didn't break your cactus..." is all right in my book.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home