Thursday, August 03, 2006

!!Heat!!


It's HOT!
Not just you're typical "Man it's hot out there" kinda hot.
It's more in the category of, "If I'm not back in an hour, come looking for me" kind of hot.
On top of temperatures spiking at 100 degrees or more at times, here in Georgia we have suffocating humidity to go along with it. Add the high temps with the high humidity and you've got a speed killing, dehydrating, dangerous combination.
I did a hard 6 miler in such conditions yesterday afternoon. My heart rate was at least 15 beats higher than it normally would have been.
My fuel belt is my best friend this time of year. Even with plenty of liquids, it's still tough going in this heat.
I think I may start doing runs lasting longer than an hour at night.

Anyone needing heat training for kona....come on down. We've got it.
Be careful out there, playing with fire may get you burned.

1 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

You're right...be careful out there. Night-time and early-morning runs are your friend!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home