Tuesday, June 13, 2006

IMFL 2008


2008! It’s written in stone…or sand. No backin out now.
I’ve thought about doing an Ironman distance race about a million times, but I just haven’t been able to jump the mental hurdle to really decide for sure to go for it. I’d thought, maybe when I’m 40 (2010), I’ll be ready then. Right?...Right! Then I thought, that’s too freakin far off. 2007! I’ll do it in 2007. I’ll be ready then. Right? I’ll at least be able to finish. Won’t I??
I was all ready to sign up for Ironman Florida 2007. But, I felt I was pushing things along too fast. After all, I’d only done two triathlons. So, as I sat on the white sandy beaches of Panama City last week, I made the decision to go for it in 2008. Why 2008? Because it feels right. Because it’s not so far off in the future that it seems it’ll never arrive. Because it’s far enough away that I’ll have more time to prepare, do more races, to get stronger, to get more fit.
No turning back, no rethinking, no second guessing, I’m now officially on record….Ironman Florida 2008.

Gotta go...Only 124 more weeks left to train.…..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooo! Best of luck :)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Bolder said...

i think you made a good decision for Ironman Florida... for personal reasons, i decided to go from zero to 140.6 in one year... this is hard on your life balance, and your body... i did my first triathlon, the Ironman 70.3 Florida, and came out of it thinking 'what have i done?'... your race results for the olympic show you are already strong in all three disciplines, but what you have going for you is the luxury to let your body adapt to the distances, and a slow ramp up to the ironman distance that will allow you to enjoy the events along the way.

i'll look forward to your success in '08 at Ironman, but also your milestones -- enjoying the sport of triathlon -- along the way.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home