Saturday, December 22, 2007

The tour begins

We officially begin our family Christmas/Eating tour today. Much of our family lives within a 50-mile radius of us, which is great, but it means the next week or so will be filled with many family functions...6 or 7 I estimate. Presents will be exchanged, kids will get sugared up and go a bit wild, grown-ups will eat more than they should, and by the end of it all, I’ll probably get sick at the sight of another casserole. But it’ll be nice to catch up with some of the clan I haven’t seen in a while.

Things have been pretty light on the training front. Annnnnd I’ll leave it at that….

D and K finished up school Tuesday and were itching to get out of town. So we drove up to the Fernbank museum in Atlanta Wednesday. DJ is a bit of a frog freak. She loves the darn things. Fernbank had a frog exhibit going on and she’d been wanting to see it. There were over 100 live frogs in the exhibit. The dart frogs were cool. Their colors are amazing. My favorite part of the museum was the dinosaur exhibit. Seeing the scale of them up close is mind-boggling.


KJ with the big guys


The worst part of the trip was the traffic on I75. On the way up, we were delayed about 30 minutes due to a wreck. 30 minutes isn’t too bad. But, on the way back there was another wreck. This time the wait was almost 2 hours. Most of it sitting completely immobile. I don’t wait well…..
Hopefully all involved in the accident made it out ok.


As soon as I make this post, I’m off to go do my last minute shopping. Two more things and I’m done!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

Happy Training/Resting,


TJ

7 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Tour starts tomorrow for us. Good luck with yours. I hope I don't gain 10 pounds before New years.

merry christmas.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

Welcome to my world! I hate I-75 traffic :-) Merry Christmas!!!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

Okay..

That traffic you mentioned is what make me NOT miss big city life!

11:00 PM  
Blogger GetBackJoJo said...

To battle the eating tour I take off for a half hour run in the late afternoon of X-mas. It doesn't do a ton of good, but it helps alleviate that feeling that if you look at another casserole (or in my case, another sweet) you'll barf...
Have a great holiday!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Taconite Boy said...

Merry Christmas!

11:06 PM  
Blogger IronTriTim said...

Merry Christmas TJ, a week of excess and little training is coming to end. The new 305 is going to get a run out..

9:35 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas and wishing you a Happy New Year.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home