Saturday, December 01, 2007

Checking In

Well my friends, most of November was a big ole fat zero for TJ.
I managed 3 runs and 1 ride on the trainer. I ate like a pregnant woman and slept like a teenager. I’ve put on a little weight and lost a heap o fitness.

It’s time to get my act together and get things rolling again. I sat down and planned out the month of December. I’m gonna keep everything short and easy this month and just try to get back into the routine….which will be the hard part. Rolling out of bed first thing in the mornings to jump in the pool will take a while to feel normal again. If I can stick to the schedule, I should make it to January 1st ready to start the real training and begin laying down some solid basework.

In the 3+ years I’ve been training, I’ve never taken this much time off. It’ll be interesting to see how long it takes to feel fit again…

KJ and I were supposed to be running in a local 5k this morning. She started complaining with aches yesterday and woke up with a fever and sore throat this morning. She wanted to go anyway....101 degree fever and all.

Happy Training, TJ

8 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Awwww... Hope KJ isn't under the weather too long. Glad you are making progress on that 15 pounds. Keep me up to date :-)

3:43 PM  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Ahhhh....relaxation! Glad you took some time off...I'm sure you'll be back in no time.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

Dude. I would really like to have some time off right now. I'm envious!

7:00 PM  
Blogger tri-mama said...

ah post race taper..... hope the flu isn't making rounds at your place

8:13 AM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Why you lazy bum ;-)

Actually, I'll not be doing a whole lot until January either. Hope KJ is feeling better.

10:57 AM  
Blogger IronTriTim said...

So with you on the eating and lack of training. My wife is pregnant and I'm matching her!
Dec, is a just keep fit, bit of weights and a bit of CV.

5:51 PM  
Blogger BreeWee said...

Thanks for the nice compliment and ENJOY the holidays and RELAXING... it will be back to train-hard-time before you know it!
Stay healthy!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Not to worry. I'm sure the bug will naturally bite soon!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home