Sunday, September 21, 2008

Clearing the List

The weather here has been absolutely perfect for training lately. 80s during the day with morning lows in the 60s. Unfortunately, I haven’t trained a lick all week, not until this morning anyway. But, I haven’t been sitting around doing nothing all week. There has been a growing list of things that need to be accomplished around the house, and, that list had not been getting much attention. So, I decided I’d take a break from training and get as many things crossed off the list as possible.

Pine straw cleaned off the roof, check. Hedges trimmed, check. Shrubs pruned, check. Tree limbs and pine cones picked up, check. Lawn cut, check. Wax stripped and reapplied on kitchen floor, check. KJ’s furniture moved back into her room, check. A tired sore TJ, check. I’m not sure which task was to blame, but one of them killed my hamstrings. I got up Thursday or Friday morning and my hammies were aching. They’re still sore, but getting better. So much for that whole being made of iron thing.

A few of us went out for a ride this morning and it was great. Despite having done no training all week, I felt great and rode strong. I ended up with just under 40 miles. The weather was great. Overcast and cool.

I made my reservation for IMFL this week also. I’ll be in town Saturday and Sunday. I doubt I’ll get there in time to see the swim start, but I’ll be there to cheer on the blogger crew as they come through transition. I hope to be there as they cross the finish line also.
I’ll be in the registration line Sunday morning and hope to catch up with some of the new Ironbloggers Sunday.


Happy Training,
TJ

5 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

ROFL... I luv that. It's been a great week to train, but I ain't done none. Slacker!!

Looking forward to seeing you again (for more than 10 seconds ) :-)

8:41 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Oh man, I have the same list of yard/house work to do this week. Don't need any more hammy problems ... will probably put off clearing pine needles off the roof till the weather cools off more.

Have fun cheering at IMFL!

4:03 PM  
Blogger TriCajun said...

In case you didn't know, if you volunteer on Saturday, you get to be in the short "volunteer" line Sunday morning to sign up for '09 - just wear your volunteer shirt to prove it Sunday morning.

5:57 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Thanks for the reminder TriCajun. I won't be in town until Saturday. I don't know if I'd be able to volunteer without being at the volunteer meeting Friday, but I'm gonna email and see.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I can relate to the build up of household tasks. I finally got around to painting my daughter's bedroom.

Going to IMFL to cheer sounds like a total blast. Have fun!

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home