Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Death to Dew

Mountain Dew, the crack of the soft drink world. A power packed mixture of caffeine and high fructose corn syrup. 170 calories of carbonated goodness sealed in a 12oz can.
It is the coffee of my generation. The jolt that shakes the cobwebs out each morning.
I began doing the Dew as a kid and have been dewing it ever since.
I’ve learned that high fructose corn syrup is the nectar of the devil and should be avoided at all costs. I was horrified when I discovered great quantities are packed into my beloved Mountain Dew.
Today I begin the process of de-Dewing myself. Reducing the 3 or 4 per day I am now consuming to 0 per day.
My plan: eliminate 1 per day in two week blocks. That’ll give me a couple of months to get the job done. I've been warned of the killer headaches induced by going cold turkey. Hopefully my trickle down approach will avoid the typical cranium splitting withdrawal headache.
Here goes….

1 Comments:

Blogger mess talker said...

kick that dew habit! it's a tough one. maybe some green tea cold and at the ready will help

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home