Monday, August 28, 2006

I Can't Do It!

I can’t do it. I thought I could but I can’t. The rational side of my brain tells me, “It would be much more prudent to wait”. I embraced that rationality and listened to my logical voice for a while. I thought I’d put it to rest. I thought I could just be patient, gain more experience, build more endurance. But I can’t do it. I can’t wait until 2008 to complete an Ironman. I have to sign up and go the distance in 2007.

There have been very few things in my life that have gnawed at me like this without me being able to put them to rest. I was thinking about Ironman before I did my first sprint race over a year ago. I was thinking about Ironman when I did my first century ride. I was thinking about Ironman when I did Gulf Coast Half Ironman this Spring. And I’m still thinking about it, even more.

So….even though I posted a while back that I was resolved to wait until 2008, I’ll be signing up for Ironman Florida 2007 in November.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooo!

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home