Monday, October 29, 2007

It' Show Time

The training is done, the lists have been made, the gear has been packed, the coach has given final instructions, the race plan has been studied, the lists have been checked and double and triple checked. All that’s left to do is pack the car, drop the dog off at the kennel and head down to PCB Wednesday afternoon.

What a year it’s been. It’s hard to believe race week is finally here. I could go on and on (and probably will in the future) about some of the challenges and breakthroughs I’ve had this year, but I’ll save those for future posts.

It’s been great having the tri blog community to share this journey with. I look forward to catching up with some of you that will be there during the event. If you happen to see me, flag me down and say hi. I’ll be the short skinny bald guy with the kid-in-a-candy-store look on my face.

Finish time predictions. I’ve thought this one through about a million times. The conclusion that I’ve finally come to is anything under 17 hours equals Iron, and that's what I'm shooting for. Everyone hits the start line wanting to have their best possible day, but we all know that doesn’t always happen. Anything can happen on race day. And I’ve never gone the distance, so I don’t really know how I’ll handle it. As long as I have a finisher’s medal hanging around my neck at the end of the day, I’ll be happy. Let’s just say I’ll be very surprised if the hours portion of my finish time doesn’t end with “teen”.

By the way, my race number is 820.

See yall on the other side,
TJ

11 Comments:

Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

Watchin' you online, mister.

Tear it up.

Hupomeno.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

820... Got it! Have a safe trip down. I'll see ya on the beach...

7:43 AM  
Blogger RunToTheFinish said...

Good luck! I can't wait to hear about it!

7:22 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

It's go time. Have a good one! Enjoy your day.

9:31 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Good luck and have fun! I'll be checking the results online. :)

3:47 PM  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Goodluck, TJ! I'll be doing bodymarking and stripping - hope see you! You're going to do great!

12:31 PM  
Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Good luck #820. I'll be watching you on IronmanLive.com

Stay tuned...

9:11 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

You're going to have a wonderful day. Look forward to reading about it!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

Good luck to you on your big day tomorrow. I will be sending good thoughts your way from the other side of this great country.

Rock on!

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing well under your 17 hour goal! Awesome race!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

Yo. You be uh Ironman!!!!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home