Saturday, October 27, 2007

Weather

It’s a beautiful day here in Georgia. The sun is out and the temperatures are cool. The low was in the 50s and the highs are predicted to be high 70s. Perfect training weather. I started out my day with a 30 minute swim, then an hour on the bike followed by a 40 minute run. I couldn’t help but think the entire time that I’ll be doing the real thing next week. It’s getting close….

The weather predictions for Panama City Beach are looking fairly good for next Saturday. The temperatures are 79/60, which is just about perfect. The winds however are predicted to be at 12mph from the NE. That would be a direct headwind early on the bike heading out highway 79 towards Ebro. Hopefully the wind won’t kick up until midday or afternoon. If all goes well, I should be heading back in by then and the wind SHOULD be at my back.…..
The predictions can change a lot in a week. Either way I’m ready to go whatever conditions unfold on race day.

Happy Training,
TJ

7 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Excellent! Dee Dee and I will be arriving in PCB in time for the 5 PM volunteer meeting on Friday. I'll be in transition for both swim to bike and bike to run.

Now, I just gotta find my cow bell :-)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You are ready! Go, Go, Go. I wish you the best of luck (which you won't need)!

2:06 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Sounds like great weather for IMFL this year. Best of luck to you!!

11:59 AM  
Blogger jen said...

The weather is looking good, you're all trained and rested, not it's time to race! You're going to do so great. Take it easy this week and think positive! I'll be cheering you on this weekend, but you might not hear me.. :P Good luck!

3:54 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Ya, I meant "now" it's time to race... sorry!

3:55 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Thanks Guys!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

Good Morning, Ironman!

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home