Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Taper Tantrums

I think the taper is getting to me.
I had another whacked out tri dream last night.
For some reason I'm always on a mountain bike in these dreams.
I was doing my first xterra race. I got to a point during the bike portion and discovered I was lost. The trail just ended, and there weren't any other racers around. I backtracked and started over and ended up in the same place...lost. I decided to drop out of the race. Next thing I remember is DJ and I were heading back to town (which town isn't clear) to our hotel. Thing is, we weren't in the car, we were on the mountain bike...she was on the handle bars. We got lost and ended up at the wrong hotel, but went in anyway. The lobby of the hotel was packed with people dressed in formal attire. I was still in my race kit and they were looking at us like we were from another planet. I woke up at about this point.
Man. Crazy stuff must be going down in my subconscious.

Happy Training,
TJ

3 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Your mind is tapering :-) Enjoy!!

7:40 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Ha ha, I have those kinds of dreams before big races all the time. Most recently I dreamt that I was running a race, but I was following turn-by-turn directions out of a Cooking Light magazine.

I bet you're anxious, but you are going to have a great race. Relax and enjoy the anticipation! It'll all be over soon enough, and you'll miss the excitement! :)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Got to love those Ironman nightmares. I think getting lost is the common theme for a lot of people. My favorite part of your dream is DJ on the handlebars.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home