Thursday, December 27, 2007

The tour is over

The weather here has been pretty nasty lately. It’s been cloudy with light rain or fog just about every day, with cool temps. The positive is it’s begun to rain again, something we haven’t had in a while.
Since it’s been nasty outside, I’ve done all of my training (if 30 minutes per day rates as training) indoors. I can handle the dreadmill and drainer in small bites, but that’s it. Much more than 30-45 minutes and I’m ready to go off the deep end. I don’t see how you cold climate folks do it.

I’ve also been spending way too much time on the internet since I’ve been off work (I wouldn’t dream of surfing at work). I was browsing YouTube the other day and came across the 89 Mark and Dave showdown. If you haven’t seen it and you’re an Ironjunkie, you really should check it out. The entire broadcast is on YouTube in 6 parts. Those guys were/are amazing.
I also found some great swimming tips on YouTube from Dave. I think there are 5 or 6 segments. Good stuff. I’m going give some of it a try tomorrow.

The Christmas tour came and went in a whirlwind of presents, gravy and cake. It was great, but now it’s on to the new year. Time to box everything up and get the house back in order. The tree comes down today.
Since we’re both home for a few days, DJ and I are also doing a whole house clean out. It’s amazing how much junk we hold onto. The garbage man is gonna love us.


Happy Training,
TJ

14 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Get outside and train, ya wimp :-)

11:26 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

dude, am a cold weather WIMP.
i reckon it's time to HTFU.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Judi said...

Yea, go outside and ride! I run and ride as long as it's 25 and up. The treadmill sucks but sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do. :)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Marathoner in Training said...

TJ, thanks for comming by to check out my site. I can not agree with you more regarding collecting junk. I had to take a trip in the truck to the large dumpsters down the street. The 305 is awesome, I have been using a garmin product for geocaching for about 4 years, so I was familiar with a gps. I just about have this thing figured out. Never deny the rain, we can all use it, especially in your neck of the woods. I still avoid it when it is below 50 outside, although I am still running in shorts and t-shirt.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Kellye Mills said...

Hey TJ! Thanks for the comment! I'm with you! I'm not a fan of the cold! I'll suck it up and go outside for anything over an hour because I can't do much more than that on the treadmill or trainer either. However, I have a 1:15 run on Sun. and by the looks of it we're going to be getting more rain here. So I may have to power through it over at Bodyplex. I keep trying to convince my husband that we need to sell everything and move to Hawaii!! :)
Have a good weekend!

12:33 PM  
Blogger J~Mom said...

Thanks for stopping by! We are getting ready to embark on the same big clean out! My DH is off next week and I want to tackle a different room each day!

12:46 PM  
Blogger IronMin said...

I love your names for the winter training equipment..."dreadmill and drainer". First time I've heard those and I totally cracked up!

8:04 PM  
Blogger IronTriTim said...

youtube is great for motivational videos, have you found the IM channel? Loads of IM videos. Not going to criticise your training, anything is better than nothing, and mine has been closer to nothing!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Doris said...

That sounds positively summery weather to me ;o) I did have to go into the gym the other day but that's cos there was freezing fog and biking in that would have been deadly!!

As for taking you tree down by the 27th December! Blimey! We still up and lit here until at least New Years Day, if not the weekend after!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

12:15 PM  
Blogger akshaye said...

Ain't been that bad here!

Good to find another Ga blogger. Thanks for stopping by!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Happy New Year! I got some cleaning done myself...hauled two big garbage bags out of each one of the boys rooms. Completely filled up the trash can before we even opened our Christmas presents.

12:07 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Oh man! I hear ya on the weather. Where in GA are you? I ran outside yesterday and it was 63. Foolishly I ran in a T shirt but was freezing the whole time. I know most peeps would love 63 (you northern folks) but it was cold to me! Thanks for the comment!

11:21 AM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

I'm with you on the cold weather. We had some 30-40 degree weather hit last week and I never even went outside. Glad to hear your holidays went well. Look forward to hearing what you have in store for 2008.

7:57 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

Christine -- I'm over on the southwest side of GA. Albany.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home