Saturday, September 27, 2008

Time For Change

Tires that is.

I was about to head out for my ride today and just happened to notice a wee bit of wear on my rear tire. I'm all about getting all the miles I can out of a set of tires, but I think I may have stretched it a bit too long this time.
I'd put new tires on my road bike back during Spring and had only ridden it maybe 200 miles since putting the new tires on. Quick tire swap and the tri bike had fresh treads.
I headed out about 1:30 with no particular route or distance in mind. The weather was gorgeous again...except for a bit of wind. I kept the pace easy to steady, enjoyed the fall weather and ended up with 52 miles.
I ended up the week with 2 swims, 3 runs and 3 rides. I'll probably sneak in another ride tomorrow morning which will give me somewhere around 12 hours for the week.



Last year was the first year KJ's school had a girls U13 soccer team. It was definitely a "building" season. They played hard every game, learned a lot, but never scored a goal.....not one. She got tired of hearing me say, "just hang in there, it'll come".



Fall soccer season started here three weeks ago. First game, they played hard but lost 0-1. Game two, THEY SCORED for the first time EVER!!! Not one but TWO goals. But... they lost a close one with the final score being 2-3. This morning's game started out with the opposing team scoring a goal quickly, but we answered with a goal soon after. We scored another goal before half time to give us our first lead ever. Second half, the girls held the other team at 1 goal and scored two more for our first WIN, 4-1!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!
The girls were ecstatic. Actually, I think the parents were more excited than the girls.



Happy Traing!
TJ

8 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, you definitely got your use out of those babies. I'm constantly checking my tires because I can't change a flat without drawing blood.

1:45 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Yep, looks like you've been riding a lot. I check my tires before every ride in the hopes I'll avoid getting a flat. Sometimes it works ... Great to hear about KJ's team winning a game!!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

I' surprised that tire didn't fall off of its own accord. LOL!!! Yea, soccer requires patience, and it sounds like your kids got a basket full of it!!! Way to persevere, KJ!!!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well at least you get your money's worth from your tires! :)

Congrats to the girl's soccer team. As a former player (I played for about 14 years) I can totally appreciate a "learning" season and the glory that comes with finally scoring! Hope they keep winning and having fun!

11:24 PM  
Blogger George Houston said...

The Key is to check the tires before you ride. Nothing like finding out once you are on the road.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Congrats to KJ!!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

A wee bit of wear, you say?! I'd say! You must be torquin the hell out of that thing or you haven't bought tires in years! I wonder where the kids learned perseverance from? Florida is just around the corner.

3:46 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Aww, congrats to KJ and the team (and the parents!). How cool.

You definitely got your money's worth out of that tire.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home