Sunday, March 08, 2009

Quick Check In

Not really much to report, but I thought I'd better give my vast readership an update...both of you can now breathe easy.

Daylight saving time has arrived and I'm looking forward to the extra time in the sun. The older I get, the less I enjoy winter, and we have fairly mild winters here. The temps are creeping up every day and the azalea blooms are starting to open. Spring will be at full tilt in no time.

Training is ticking along nicely -- not at pre-pneumonia levels -- but I hope to be there soon. It's amazing, and sad, how quickly fitness fades. Paces that used to have my heart rate at around 150 now drive it up in the 170s. But I'm recovering well and the heart rates are headed in the right direction -- just not getting there as quickly as I'd like.

Months ago, I opened a Twitter account but never posted an update. I'd kinda forgotten about it, until the other day. I'll be posting there if either of the two of you want to keep up with me there.
You can find me as: Todd Johnson or user id tj1406.

Happy Training,
TJ

3 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Phew! I was starting to get worried? Do I need to log into my other account to comment, or can this one suffice for "both" of us? ;-)

9:50 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Glad to hear you are back in action. :) Thanks for the update! Yay spring.

1:16 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Glad you're continuing to improve. Is it selfish to want both an extra hour of daylight in the mornings and evenings? I want summer daylight hours w/o the heat & humidity :-)

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home