Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sometimes....

...life gets in the way and all the training just doesn't get done.
This week it was work (overtime), a sick youngun with fever (now on antibiotics), and the first Christmas gathering (yesterday) that took precedence over training. I ended up with two zeros for the week. I don't like seeing blanks in the log, but sometimes zeros are necessary.

I'll have plenty of time to do some catching up over the next two weeks though. Saturday was my last day at work until January 5th. I am soooo looking forward to the break. D and K are both out for Christmas break as well.

I spent this morning watching old Ironman Hawaii tapes and drinking coffee while I waited for the rain to stop. Watching the Blazeman still chokes me up. The caffine eventually took over and my patience for a break in the weather ran out. I got on the trainer just after lunch, and of course, the sun came out 45 minutes later. :-)

Merry Christmas,
TJ

P.S. Remember those "toys" I mentioned I'd be getting a few posts back? Well, I'll get them as soon as the snow stops in Madison WI long enough for UPS to head south.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Merry Christmas, TJ!

11:35 AM  
Blogger jen said...

A little forced recovery can be a good thing. :)

Merry Christmas!!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

I hate seeing the zeros too but you'll have the time now, no worries...and hopefully well people at home! Merry Christmas.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home