Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Time to pull out the Machete...

....And do a bit of trimming on the race schedule.

I planned a few shorter run races early in the year as "build up" events leading into a half marathon in March. Coach Gordo says there's not much value in doing the shorter/harder races leading into the half, so, I'm cutting them out of the schedule. He also advised that I not race in June, which would mean axing the oly up at West Point Lake. I really like that race, so I'm leaving it on the schedule for now and will decide on whether to do it or not a bit closer to race day.

On a completely different subject, I finally got around to opening a Facebook account. I think I was the last kid on the block who wasn't on Facebook. I've found a few bloggers on there and some old friends from high school (some have really...REALLY... changed since HS days). I'm still trying to figure out all the features, but it's been fun so far. I find myself jumping on throughout the day to see what everyone is up to. Anyhooo, if you're on FB and need another "friend", send me a request: Todd Johnson -- Albany Georgia.

The new year is upon us and the J gang will be celebrating New Year's Eve as we usually do, right here at Rancho de Relaxo. After making the rounds at Christmas, we're usually ready to chill at home for New Year's...and that's the case again this year. I'll throw some chicken on the grill for dinner and will probably have a Heineken or two later. DJ will wake me up at midnight for a smooch and the new year will be here.
For those of you doing something a bit more exciting, drive safe and have a great time.

Hope you all have a great 2009.
TJ

6 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Rancho de Relaxo? Love it! Have a wonderful New Year J family!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

I'm afraid of Facebook too. I already have enough addictions for crying out loud. Happy New Year.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

Happy New Year, TJ! We'll be stalking you on Facebook :-)

4:07 PM  
Blogger Judi said...

happy 2009. add me on FB. judi rothenberg.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

OMG....love the new Christmas toy. You are going to lOVE it!
BTW, I don't have a Facebook account and don't even quite understand the purpose.

8:13 AM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

No, you are not the last Facebook hold out (I think I am). But I hear ya on having to cut back on your race schedule. My coach also told me I could race as much as I wanted to because of iron training :-(

Hope you had a great New Years!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home