Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Group Power

I’ve pretty much gotten back into the routine of training, but in a non-routine way. I’d gone into hermit mode during the last few months and did probably 95% of my training solo. There are benefits in doing that type of training and I know I’ll do it again in the future, but not anytime soon. I’ve changed my schedule around to fit in group rides and runs and it’s been great. There’s major motivation in knowing someone will be expecting you to show up.

Last week I did a little over 100 miles on the bike, maybe 15 miles running, and zero, zilch, nada, no swimming. I haven’t been able to pry myself out of bed at 4:30am to get in the pool during the last couple of weeks. I’ve got to sign up for a race soon. There’s major motivation in knowing race day is coming also.

Tuesday Dew count: 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home