Friday, September 01, 2006

I'm Outta here



I’m heading out of town this weekend for one last look at the ocean before summer slowly slips away. Although Labor Day marks the end of summer, it won’t start cooling off here for another couple of months. I'm heading down to Panama City Beach Fla for a few days with the family. I’ve promised to leave my bike at home for this trip, but I plan to drive the entire Ironman bike course while I’m there. I’m taking my running gear along and will slip out early before everyone wakes up and sneak in a few runs, but the rest of the time will be spent doing whatever D and K want to do. They’ve been great this year allowing me to train as much as I’ve needed. I couldn’t do it without their support.

Had a great ride with the roadie dudes last night. A couple of guys had flats. One of them was a bit shelled and stood staring at his flat tire. I finally commenced to changing it for him and we were soon back on our way. It's starting to get dark earlier, so the 30-50 milers during the week will be coming to an end soon.

My training is going well and I look forward to working on some of my weak points this fall/winter. I’ll be working on improving my swim technique (especially my kick) and running endurance. I’d also like to improve my power and endurance on the bike.
But there’s still a little summer left.
So I’m outta here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spandex King said...

In Wisconsin the party is alomost over. Brrrrr

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home