Monday, November 06, 2006

Spectator Notes from IMFL 06



First things first.....I'M IN.
I'm registered for Ironman Florida 2007.
At least I have a voucher stating I'm registered. I still have to go online to close the deal.
This should be an interesting year. My biggest challenge will be not nuking myself by starting too early. Note to self: No 6 hour rides in December.



I drove down to Panama City Beach Saturday and got to the race site about 1:30pm. I found an empty spot not far from the marathon midpoint turnaround. Minutes after arriving, Andrea Fisher came motoring by.



A few more pictures from the day....



Jan Raphael on his way to victory...in his Ironman debut!

Eduardo Sturla coming in second.

Jim Vance brings home third.


Bella on her way to victory number 4 in Florida.



Carole Sharpless heads in for second.


Hillary Biscay rounds out the podium.



Amanda Lovato heads for the finish.




Volunteers working hard in the madness of the run special nees area.



I learned many do's and dont's during the day that I'll keep in mind for next year. I'll try to write a few of them out here in the future.

Should be a fun year............

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Fun pictures. I liked the ones of your MTB ride the other day too.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you had any luck with that link on the voucher to complete the signup? I too was down there to watch and signup. Now, the link on that voucher is not active, yet???

I found your blog by doing a search for "signup ironman florida 2007 problems"

9:37 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

give this ling a try.

http://www.active.com/event_detail.cfm?event_id=1361652

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANKS!! It was the underscore that I was missing between event and detail. Since they underlined the entire link on our form the underscore did not show. LOL!! Crap, now it is really for real for this first timer!!

Thanks and good luck!

8:41 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

Great.
This will be my first as well.
Good luck to you.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Great pics!

Hilary Biscay lapped me at IMW! It was AWESOME!!!!! :) I even tried to wave to the NBC camera that went whizzing by when she flew by me like I was standing still. ha ha

Congrats on IMFL! I hope to follow you in '08!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home