Monday, December 11, 2006

Progress is a MAJOR motivator.



Remember the old A-Team show? Remember how everything would be blowing up and going crazy at the end of the show, yet the guys would somehow manage to save the day and Hannibal would say, through the cigar clinched in his teeth, “I love it when a plan comes together”. Well, that’s kind of how I feel…minus the cigar.

I’ve executed my off-season/base plan to the letter (who knew a plan could be so helpful?!?!...) and I’m beginning to see the payoff from my diligence. It’s amazing how motivating progress can be. Not as in motivation to do more or go faster (been there done that), but to stay on track and keep the progress going so that I’ll be ready to do more and go faster when the time is right.

I’ll be moving into the next phase of my base training soon. I feel totally prepared to move on to the next phase and build on the progress I’ve made thus far.
I love it when a plan comes together!

TJ

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome! how rewarding...

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey TJ, just stopping bye Via Michele's blog... Looks like you have a focused play.. Nice!!

and Good luck with your Training in 2007 towards ur Ironman at the end of 07'

Bob

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TJ - why not Rock and RollMan? Just curious, maybe you heard something bad about it, or you just like the gulfcoast race better....

6:10 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

I really like GCT. PC is a vacation town and there are lots of things for the family to do. Also, the course for GCT covers much of the same ground as IMFL. I'll probably give RRMan a go in 08. I've heard it's a great race as well with a bike course that's a bit hilly.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home