Thursday, May 31, 2007

R & R

Tomorrow we’ll be heading down to the Florida coast for a week of R & R.
I need it. 11.5 hours on the bike during the last week…. plus swim, run and strength equals one tired TJ.

I’m leaving my bike at home, but I plan to do a little recon on the bike course while I’m there. I’ll get up early one morning while D and K are still snoozing and drive the entire course. Just to see what’s in store for me in November.

Coach John wants me to take 3 days totally off while we are away and only do very light running and swimming on the other days. I don’t think I’ll have any trouble sticking to that plan.

Other than a little swimming and running, I plan to spend as much time with D and K as possible, eat lots of fresh seafood…I love seafood, sleep late, lay on the beach and soak up some rays, maybe drink a few margaritas, catch up on some reading, and generally take it easy for a week. I’m looking forward to it.

Happy Training!
TJ

8 Comments:

Blogger momo said...

have a great time! a couple of more weeks and then i get to relax too!!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

Have a great vacation! My best to the family...

8:58 PM  
Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

HAve fun!
and listen to your coach... REST!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Have a great time!

Man- I'm tired just thinking about your week.. *yawn*

7:52 AM  
Blogger Michele said...

Have a great vacation, enjoy the break!!

8:01 PM  
Blogger DV said...

enjoy the break tj!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you and your family had a fantastic time!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Andy said...

You will be very happy with the bike course down there. IMFL = FLAT!!!

I think the run course of the IM still goes through St Andrews state park as well.

Have fund on your vacation...

Murtha...

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home