Saturday, May 19, 2007

Recovering

It’s been a week since GCT and I’ve taken it pretty easy all week. 1 swim, 4 rides, and 1 run. All easy. All relatively short.

I forgot to mention my jellyfish encounter when I wrote up my report. Michele mentioned seeing jellyfish during the swim in her report, which reminded me that I’d gotten tagged by one. I actually thought they were schooling fish when I initially saw them. I didn’t think much about it until I felt the sensation of a hot wire being pulled across my chin....I then knew exactly what they were. Luckily the pain subsided quickly and I didn’t have any adverse reactions from it.

It’d been so long since I’d actually toed the line in a race that I’d forgotten how much fun it is to get out there and go at it. I’m going to try to fit another race in soon. Hopefully I can get up to Calloway Gardens in June and do the sprint tri up there with my tri bro Wes. We'll see....

Today's ride was a 32 miler with the club. Coach John told me to keep things easy this weekend and continue to let my body fully recover, so I let the fast gang go and hung in the back where things are much more social. It was a fun ride and I got to catch up with a couple of folks I haven't seen in a while.

Later in the afternoon I fired up the grill and prepared my favorite recovery meal....grilled chicken.

A couple of these........


A couple of these......


And a few pieces of this with the fixins......

And I'm feeling pretty recoverd.

Happy Training!

TJ

7 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

What a great way to recover ;-)

12:20 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm a little slow. Great race and report. The jellyfish sting freaks me out. It may be enough to keep me avoiding ocean swim races!

8:56 AM  
Blogger jen said...

I agree, that looks like a perfect recovery weekend to me. I've never been stung by a jelly fish, but it doesn't sound fun. Eeek! What a memorable race though, congrats again. :)

1:21 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Oh yeah. You'll probably see those at IMFL for sure, at least pieces of them. Many got shredded by faster swimmers on my first lap but on the second lap I saw a couple whole JF floating below me. Fortunately, they stayed down there.

Enjoy your recovery. That chicken looks good (I'm hungry).

5:27 PM  
Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

OMG - that is exactly my post training meal plan!

10:24 PM  
Blogger DV said...

now that's what i call a recovery drink...

9:02 PM  
Blogger marz_racer said...

A liitle meat, so carbs, and some sugar. What more do you need?

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home