Friday, June 08, 2007

Back From Vacation

Just rolled back into town last night about 8:00pm. We had a great week down in Florida. I caught up on my rest in a major way, ate lots of good food, and best of all, got to hang out with my two favorite girls.
Our camera decided it needed a vacation as well. Sometimes it worked, sometimes not, so the picture selection was a bit slim on this trip. Here are a few that survived:










On the training front.....
I got TONS of rest. A little too much I think. I did absolutely no training the first four days. For the week...I managed two runs....TWO....that's it. No biking. No swimming. The undertow in the ocean was very bad. Red flags every day and double red flags one day. So...no swimming in the ocean. The pool was big enough for laps, but it was always filled with kids. So, no swimming. I finally got my lazy arse out the door Wednesday and did a thirty minute run. I don't know if it was the four zeros, the humidity or what, but this run sucked, as did the one the following day. Maybe being back on home turf will turn things around. I've got a run to do later today, so I'll find out soon enough.
It was great to get away and throw the schedule out the window for a few days, but I'm kinda looking forward to getting back on track.



Happy Training.
TJ

6 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

TJJJJJJJJ! Welcome back. I think :-) This heat the heat the heat is sapping our motivation! Glad you had a great time with the girls...

3:40 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

Great pics.
Welcome back.
It is always harder to train in the heat.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

Welcome back. The pick of the "brussel sprout" pic was pretty funny. That's a USMC quote from Major Payne...if you haven't seen the movie...it's a must see if you work w/Marines or around them.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Iron Girl Nyhus said...

Sounds like a great vacation!

1:58 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Welcome back! Cute pics. Sounds like you had a great run and a nice break from training. You'll get back up to speed in no time. :)

4:49 PM  
Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Well, if the camera ate the rest of the photos, that's OK - these were priceless!!!!
I'll bring out the dreadmill before I'll run in sweltering heat...

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home