Friday, December 22, 2006

T G I F !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!!! I never thought Friday would arrive. But it’s finally here!
The week before a vacation always seems to drag on for what seems an eternity.
I’ll be away from work until January 2nd or 3rd. I’m really looking forward to the break….work has been a bit hectic lately.
I’ve purposely planned next week as a recovery week in an effort to keep from shelling myself with monster workouts….which I usually do when I have lots of free time.
I’ve been increasing my volume each week for the last six weeks, so I’m due for a low volume week. Training has been going great and I’d like to start the new year fresh and ready to put in another big block of training.

I started trying to learn bilateral breathing several weeks back and I’ve gotten to the point that I hardly notice breathing on the new side. The first few swims were pretty tough, but it’s gotten easier every swim. It’s also really helped balance out my stroke as well. Who knows, I may even give flip turns a try in the future.

My long ride last Saturday was cut a little short by some mechanical malfunctions two miles from home, so, I’ll be doing a little bike repair during my break as well. Nothing major, just some minor drive train issues. My bike is due for a really good cleaning anyway. I’ll tear it apart, give it a good cleaning, put it back together and tune it up… and hopefully not have any parts left over. I’ll be on my road bike for a ride or two until I get the tri bike cleaned and tuned up.

I think I’m due for a new pair of running shoes also. I’ve got over four hundred miles on my current pair. I always wait too long before buying new shoes. I think Santa may have to stuff a new pair in the bag.

This has been a great year of training and racing. I’ve learned many lessons this year through doing the wrong things and suffering through and recognizing the mistakes…most of the time. I made it through a couple of fairly major (requiring medical attention) injuries and am all healed up for the most part. Hopefully I’ll be able to avoid those same mistakes in 2007.

I’ll wrap up with some totals to close out the year.

2006 Mileage
Swim: 82.2 miles
Bike: 3272 miles
Run: 608.1 miles

Hope everyone out in Blogland has a great Christmas and a happy New Year.

TJ

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too!
I am doing IM FL, too....
Jenny

9:17 AM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

Hey- new bike components, new running shoes, breathing on a "new" side- it's going to be a great NEW year!
MY goal is to keep the yearly cumulative log like you did! Thanks for the inspiration-like those volumes!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home