Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Catching up...

It was back to reality/work for me last Thursday. I’m just getting caught up enough to get around to updating the blog. It’s amazing how quickly things can pile up. I always look forward to taking a break from work and the normal day to day routine, but I’m always glad to get back to it.

The 24th thru the 27th was a blur of gatherings with family and friends. It’s great to see everyone, but it sure does get tiring after a while.



Me at one of our many stops


Christmas morning was spent at home. This was K.J.’s first Christmas knowing that the big guy doesn’t really come down the chimney to deliver gifts. Which meant a full night of sleep on Christmas Eve for Mom and Dad. I kind of missed the cookies and milk though.


K.J. Christmas morning

I didn’t do much training while I was off. I trained when I felt like it and was lazy when I didn’t. I stayed up late and slept in if I wanted. We watched movies, played board games (I suck at Battleship, but I kill at Monopoly), ate good food, goofed off, and enjoyed not being on a schedule.


Me and K.J. horsing around in the back yard


I LOVE breakfast, but I usually don’t have time to do the full sit down. I made up for it during my break. Homemade pancakes, bacon, eggs, fruit, bread, the works. I snapped this shot one morning. For the diet police, that’s turkey bacon, and I use a three to one egg white/yolk ratio.


Check out that fine China...


We also added a new member to the family during our break. D.J. has been searching for the “right” puppy for months. While out shopping about two weeks ago, she found him. She called me up and told me she’d found her Yorkie. I headed up to the pet store to have a look for myself and we were soon on our way home with Caesar.


D.J. with the new man in her life



Caesar


It’s back to my normal training week. My long sessions before the break were an hour swim, 4 hour bike and an hour and forty five minute run. I’ll work back up to those over the next 2-3 weeks and then begin building up again. I am going to add in more recovery also. Six weeks “on” is too much for me. I’ll be scheduling recovery weeks every 3-4 weeks. I didn’t realize how tired I’d gotten until I rested. I made it back to the weight room yesterday morning and will add one more strength session. I’ll continue with two per week for a while and possibly add one more down the road.
I look forward to a great year of training.

Happy New Year!
TJ

7 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Hey, we have one of those little brats too:

http://flatman.blogspot.com/2006/08/poochy-pic.html

http://flatman.blogspot.com/2006/07/new-baby.html

Have fun with him!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

Looks as if KJ got what she wanted! :-) Cuties. My husband used to have Yorkies..I am sure we will get another one (or two) one of these days!
That breakfast is just TOO healthy!
(You make me feel guilty as I just had two home made choc. chip cookies with my lunch!)
Happy 2007!

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am getting back to my blog after the holidays. Congrats on the new family addition. It's nice NOT see that stupid message about wanting to view secure & insecure stuff on your blog. I wish I could go back to the old version ...

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am getting back to my blog. Congrats on the new family addition. It's nice NOT see that stupid message about wanting to view secure & insecure stuff on your blog. I wish I could go back to the old version ...

Good luck training for your races in 2007!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am getting back to my blog. Congrats on the new family addition. It's nice NOT see that stupid message about wanting to view secure & insecure stuff on your blog. I wish I could go back to the old version ...

Good luck training for your races in 2007!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am getting back to my blog. Congrats on the new family addition. It's nice NOT see that stupid message about wanting to view secure & insecure stuff on your blog. I wish I could go back to the old version ...

Good luck training for your races in 2007!

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy new year -
thanks for the photojournal!
but i did have you pegged for a big burly man dog... i guess cesar will do ; )

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home