Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Very Cool Girl

My days start early. The alarm stirs me out of bed at 4:30am and I'm usually in the pool or weight room by 5:00am. Friday was my long swim day and started out just like all the others. That is, until I opened the hall door to walk into the living room. "Happy Birthday Daddy", was the first thing I heard when I flipped on the light switch. There, sitting in the middle of the living room floor, was my eight-year-old daughter. In front of her were three presents; two from her and one from D.J. She'd also put up happy birthday banners she'd made herself.
She had plans to go to a friend’s house later in the day for a sleepover party and wouldn't have been home when I got in from my run that afternoon. D.J. later told me that K.J had insisted on getting up to see me and give me my presents on my birthday, rather than the day before or after. She set her alarm, got up, prepared everything and waited for me to walk in.
As I sat there at 4:40am opening my gifts, I couldn't help but think how blessed I am to have such a very cool girl as my daughter.

4 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

That is so cool! How old is she?

10:22 AM  
Blogger :) said...

Oops, I should read better. I see she is eight. ...idiot...

10:22 AM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

She loves you for sure....and so what if you didn't get to the pool quite on time that morning, hmmm?

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's a good kid! Always great to get those little surprises...nothing better!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home