Sunday, April 01, 2007

Week Recap & A Few Spring Pictures

I had a great full week of training this week. I'll be enjoying my REST day today. I won't go into all the details, mainly because all my workout data is at work and I'm typing this from home. The highlights were the 1000 yard swim time trial Wednesday and the 58 mile ride/5k t-run yesterday. The weather was absolutely perfect yesterday. It was a bit overcast with temps in the 60s when I started the ride. By the time I finished the run, it was sunny and 85.

As I walked around the yard after running yesterday, I couldn't help but notice ALL the blooms. Spring has definitely sprung here in Georgia. I went back inside, grabbed my camera and snapped a few shots.
Here are a few samples for those of you who may be still waiting for Spring.



Azalea Blooms




This lady kept getting in the picture.



Dogwood Blooms











K gathering blooms to take inside.



See the bee?



Jasmine Bloom



Happy Training

TJ

6 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

What was the first clue, TJ? The fine coating of yellow on everything? LOL. I agree with you 100% I love the first weeks of spring. My favorites are the dogwood trees. They are gorgeous. Your picture reminds me so much of the Azalea bushes from my home town of Mobile. 58 mile ride? Wow! Where do you go ride for that? Nice week!!

12:08 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Lots of rural roads around here to ride on Wes. It's a great place to train.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Iron Girl Nyhus said...

Don't you just love spring??!!! It is my favorite season! Everything comes back to life... a new start :)

11:03 PM  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Awesome pics!! And by the way, your 1000yd TT time was great, in my opinion!! You are definitely smoking me!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

Great training, terrific weather and beautiful flowers. Like sounds pretty dang good in Georgia.

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home