Monday, June 18, 2007

Checking In

Not much new to report here on the home front. Still grinding out the miles in this humid Georgia heat. My long ride this week was a 70 miler Saturday morning followed by a 5k run. The heat during the run was brutal, but I survived. The nice cool treadmill is looking better every day….

Had a bit of an injury last Wednesday. I started experiencing some pain in my left shoulder at about the half way point of my swim session. It was sore for a couple of days afterwards but feels great now. John told me to take the rest of the week off from swimming. I’ll try it out again Wednesday. I’ve never had any issues with my shoulders, hopefully this was a one time occurrence.

Hope everyone has a great week of training and racing.
Good luck to TriJack, Iron Jenny and Iron Girl Nyhus at IM Switzerland, and Wes at Callaway Gardens.

Happy Training!
TJ

5 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Thanks for the shout out! I got up this morning to get in my long(ish) run and must've sweated off like three pounds! Boy was it humid... You have fun down there in the flat lands :-)

12:44 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Hey stranger! Great job running in that humidity and heat, blech. Way to go on the 70 mile ride too, very impressive!! Stay cool, ha ha. :)

Good luck everyone on the Callaway Gardens tri! That looks awesome.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Nice workouts! Way to battle that heat...

5:15 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

It is not getting any cooler down here in GA, is it? I was out last night on the Sandy Springs ride with the Cycleworks group, and the first 30 minutes of the ride (until we got in the neighborhoods) was unbearable. I really hate treadmills, I would rather run early or late than getting on a treadmill.

Murtha...

10:27 AM  
Blogger Iron Girl Nyhus said...

Couple more weeks... then rest, keep it up!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home