Friday, July 27, 2007

Weird Dream

I’ve heard others describe their wild Ironman dreams, but I’ve never really had one…..until last night.
The swim in my dream was replaced with a mountain bike race. I finished up the mountain bike portion and headed into transition. I got to the spot where I’d set up my gear for T1 and suddenly realized I’d set up in the wrong place…..next to a tree in a parking lot. Then I realized I wouldn’t be able to continue because I hadn’t checked my bike into the correct transition area. Next thing I remember I was running through the parking lot, pushing my tri bike, looking for Paula Newby-Frasier and Greg Welch to try to talk them into letting me continue in the race.
I woke up before I found them.
Crazy stuff……

Happy Training!
TJ

8 Comments:

Blogger Hollyfish said...

Yep, that's usually how my pre-tri dreams to too - except they almost always include me being naked too...

Nice to wake up, isn't it??

1:06 PM  
Blogger momo said...

too funny, i was going to say the same thing as spence!

they get better, just wait.

2:07 PM  
Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Funny! I have those but they are at college. I STILL have college nightmares about not being able to find my classrooms.
Jenny

10:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Were you crying in your sleep? Because I certainly felt close to it in my recent Ironman nightmare. Those dreams are crazy, eh?

2:18 PM  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

That was funny. I have consistently crazy dreams...when I lack sleep...which is consistent.

No IM dreams, yet. I'm waiting.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Iron Girl Nyhus said...

I had an Ironman dream the other night that I forgot to bring my food and nutrition to the race. I borrowed part of a clif bar fron IronNick because he had one the size of a cake pan :)

Laura

3:34 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

Freaking crazy!!! I have yet to have any triathlon dreams. Come to think of it, I have not had any dream in a long time. Guess that is a result of working 16 hour days.

Murtha...

9:31 AM  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

When are you going to post again, homey?

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home