Sunday, February 17, 2008

It's coming....

SPRING!
It’s just around the corner and I can’t wait. The pollen has already started falling here. Everything outside is covered in yellow dust.
Spring is my favorite time of year. Everything starts coming back to life, the days get longer, the weather gets warmer, and it also means it’s time for the Simply Stu Worldwide Triathlon.

I’ll be doing the Simply Stu race again this year with my favorite training partner KJ.




We did the race last year and had a blast. We’re going a bit longer this year. 400 yard swim, 10 mile bike and 3 mile run. Last year we swam 200 yards, biked 6.5 miles and ran 1.8 miles. Training officially started today. We ran just over a mile, non-stop, and she did great. We’ll be heading to the pool tomorrow. We'll balance the tri training along with soccer practice, which begins this week as well.

Also, we’re doing something a little different along with our training for the Simply Stu tri this year. You’ll have to check in here on race day (March 29) to find out what it is.

Regular training for me is still humming along at a very “maintenance” level. I’m getting in at least 2 sessions per sport every week. That feels about right for now and I’m just gonna roll with it and add sessions as “life” allows.

Happy Training,

TJ

16 Comments:

Blogger Judi said...

That is cool you can do a tri with your kid.

6:58 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

I love the Simply Stu event. Great that you can do it with KJ. Look forward to hearing what that twist is on March 28.

7:22 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

Good to hear from ya TJ! Very cool you guys are racing again this year! Hope you guys are safely in the Ark tonight :-)

7:23 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Wes - Most of the bad weather was north of us. We got mostly light rain and some wind but nothing too bad.

7:15 AM  
Blogger GetBackJoJo said...

How old is the little half pint? She's so cute! I can't wait until my kids are old enough to do things like that!
I'm pretty green with envy that it's getting to be green there.
We are still in full-fledged winter up here in Boston, and it's a long time until "spring is coming." sigh.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

That's awesome! Way to go KJ!

10:40 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

ironmatron - she'll be 10 next month.

8:35 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Howdy TJ!

Good luck to you and KJ in training for the Tri. She's such a little rock star!

12:40 PM  
Blogger J~Mom said...

That is awesome! I hope one of my kids wants to do a tri with me someday!

3:11 PM  
Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

two sessions per sport per week is the most I EVER do!
And about spring being just round the corner... it was -14 when I dropped Bobby and Ally off at school today... ;-)

3:23 PM  
Blogger Iron Girl Nyhus said...

That sounds like a very cool tri :)

3:28 PM  
Blogger Marathoner in Training said...

TJ that is awesome that you are doing that with your kid. I just hope that you can keep up with her for the entire Tri. She looks like a lean, mean, tri-ing machine. Best of luck to both of you. Looking forward to reading all about it.

10:53 AM  
Blogger Bigun said...

Alright KJ! Keep at it and "Do the Simply Stuuuuuuu"!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Jade Lady said...

So cool! I can't wait til the end of March! I've been a Simply Stu follower since the early days.

I have bestowed a tag onto you - your turn to name 7 random/weird things about yourself - see my blog for info.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

What a fierce training buddy!! haha. She would prob kick my butt into shape :)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Bolder said...

great photo!

you know, i'm all about a great photo!!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home