Saturday, March 29, 2008

SST Postponed and Future Plans

No Simply Stu Tri today.
KJ had a last minute invitation come up and asked to postpone the tri until tomorrow.
That and the fact that I woke up at 2:30am with a very sore throat. I probably would have been ok for the tri today, but I'm glad to have the day to take it easy. My energy is running a bit low. Hopefully the sore throat will not develop into a full blown (no pun intended) cold.

Training has been going good lately and I have been soaking up all the Spring sunshine and moderate temperatures I can manage. I know the temps will be close to 100 with high humidity way too soon.

I've also been thinking about my future triathlon goals. A Lot. Specifically Ironman.
Goals are nice safe little aspirations you can pull out and adjust anytime you want....that is...until you share them with someone. When made public, they go from being goals or aspirations to being expectations... and then carry a bit more weight and responsibility. At least that's the way it works with me. If I tell someone I intend to do something, then it's as if I'm locked in to do everything necessary to reach that goal.
So, here it is, out in the open, locked in.

Happy Training,
TJ

12 Comments:

Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Great goal!! I'll be looking forward to seeing the road you take to getting there. But first, I hope you feel better for tomorrow!!

9:37 PM  
Blogger TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Very cool, TJ. Remember the training and the journey are 90% of the fun.

Thank you for you good words on my blog.

Stay tuned...

PS: I see you have Taconite Boy listed on your "Cool Blogs" roll but not mine. Hmmmm. You gotta watch out for Tac Boy... that one for sure.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Wes said...

LOL!! Yea, I'm going sub-12 too, for my half Ironman :-D So, when's the big day? Sometime in 09??? The nice thing about goals, public or not, is they belong to us to do with what we please. Good luck TJ! You will, of course, be awesome... :-)

12:44 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

Yep. 2009.

2:27 PM  
Blogger IronTriTim said...

Fond memories. Hope you are feeling better. Great goal good luck.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

yeah the weather sucked this weekend! What happened to the mid 50's temps we were supposed to have today? And then it has the potential to rain 3-4 days this week! Oh well, we just have to adapt to spring weather in the ATL don't we? Sweet goal to shoot for! I need to get on the goal bandwagon this year, since at this point I have none ant Tuesday will be April 1.

Murtha...

11:28 PM  
Blogger J~Mom said...

I get a lump in my throat every time I see one of those finishing videos!

WOOHOO for 2009!

12:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome video! Good luck TJ, you can do it!

I hope you feel better! I was down for almost a week with the junk going around. Drink some OJ!

2:49 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Oooh I got chills! Awesome, TJ, you can do it. :)

6:12 PM  
Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

You can do it! Just pace yourself and remember to bring Immodium AD!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Judi said...

Woooohoooo! I thought the wife wasn't going for it?

6:48 PM  
Blogger Jade Lady said...

I know exactly what u mean by goals turning into expectations. GREAT VIDEO!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home