Monday, March 10, 2008

Tagged and a new Toy

Jade Lady tagged me a while back and I’m just now getting around to posting.
Here goes…. 7 random/weird things about me:

1. As a teenager in the 80s I was a huge rock fan…. still am… (Metallica, Whitesnake, Van Halen, GNR back then. These days it’s Foo Fighters, Velvet Revolver, etc…)
Anyway, the weird thing is I got into acoustic and bluegrass music later in life and oddly enough spent a couple years in a bg band.

2. I raced BMX bikes when I was a teenager. Only a couple dozen races and all local, but man…..THAT was freakin fun.

3. I love Mountain Dew. High fructose corn syrup and all.

4. I taught myself to ride my bike backwards when I was a kid. I haven’t tried it in about 25 years. I’m gonna have to try it now….

5. I grew up in a very small town…..population of about 800.

6. My personal favorite recovery drinks are margaritas (plural for a reason). Fruit, salt, carbs, sugar, water……what else do you need?

7. Despite number 6 and most of number 1, I am a Christian.


We got a new toy/camera tonight. Our old camera took a plunge into a cold glass of Ovaltine a few weeks back and never recovered. The details are a bit sketchy, but according to KJ, it just fell in.....really.
Anyhow, we ended up replacing the old Kodak with a new Cannon. It's a pretty cool little camera. I'm still figuring out the different features. Look forward to lots of Spring pictures coming soon.....


Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese....or not.


8 Comments:

Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Aha, another musician among us. One of these days, I'm going to get back into playing music. I spent most of my childhood doing so and miss it.

And I'll stick to riding bikes forwards, thank you!

4:20 AM  
Blogger Jade Lady said...

A BMX Mountain Dew Margarita Rock'n Roller, huh? Loved the read.

And congrats on the new camera, no matter the circumstances (gees - do they still even make Ovaltine?)! I also just recently got a Canon powershot SD870 and love it - in fact, that's what I used in my latest post - movie clip - back in the saddle. So, if u have one with movie capabilities, I'd love to see the bike trick!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Wes said...

Awesome. Yea, I can ride my bike backwards too. I think I will tri that way sometime next year ;-)

8:56 AM  
Blogger Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I'm a sucker for a banjo!

12:08 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

JL ~ Yep, they still make Ovaltine. I'm not a big fan, but KJ loves the stuff. I'll see what I can do about getting a clip up of the backwards biking.

1:22 PM  
Blogger J~Mom said...

You grew up with 800? Geesh, my high school had 1200. I wish I grew up in a small town like that!

12:00 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

JMom ~ The highschool I attended wasn't in my hometown. It was about 15 miles away. There were almost 500 in my graduating class.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Love your 7 things. The 80's...weren't they great?! I loved all those bands too. I am even stooping so low as to watch Brett Michaels Rock My World on VH1. (Only on long trainer rides!)

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home