Saturday, March 01, 2008

This week has been great. The best since Ironman Florida. My desire to train is finally completely back. Training because you know you should versus training because you want/desire to are two very different things. It’s been slowly building and has taken a while to get back, but it's back.
There’s a whole post waiting to be written on that subject, but I’ll save that for another time.

I’ve swam every morning this week. Swimming has never been my favorite of the three. Historically I’ve done the minimum required in the pool, but even my desire to swim has increased and I’m enjoying the extra pool time.
I’ve gotten in three runs and will finish off the week with three rides if I can get out tomorrow afternoon. The weather is supposed to be perfect.

KJ and I have also gotten in a couple of sessions together this week in preparation for the Simply Stu tri. And she's running in a 1 mile fun run this morning with friends. Her training is coming along nicely and she’ll be ready when race day rolls around.

Daylight saving time is only a week away!

Happy Training!
TJ

15 Comments:

Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

YEAH for a great week!!!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Wes said...

That's entirely awesome! I know KJ will do well with you for a coach. I'm all excited about daylight savings time! It opens up a whole nutha set of possibilities for me :-)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Judi said...

WOW - DST is only a week away? COOL! But it'll suck for me with all the cold weather we are still having.

Glad you are back to training and loving it. I think we love it more when spring comes and by the time season rolls around we are exhausted! :)

8:15 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Well, it's about time ;-)

Nah, glad to hear your mojo is back! Fortunately, there is no DST in Hawaii as I often forget to reset clocks.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You are in a good place! Daylight savings time is the icing on the cake! WOO HOO for light!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Taconite Boy said...

The sun is getting higher up here as well (MN) I love that

9:17 AM  
Blogger IronMin said...

Great week! Thanks for the reminder about DST. Spring is here! Spring is here!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

Good to be back???

Of course!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Thanks for visiting my blog...Goood for you getting in the pool everyday...that is a HUGE struggle for me, but that is forsure my weakest too!!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Jade Lady said...

I'm really getting motivated now! I really think it's great that you and your kid are both doing the SS Tri. Speaking of SS Tri, you reminded me...I need to plan the SS tri for my 3 yr old. Thanks for the reminder on DST. Oh, I can feel summer coming already!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Marathoner in Training said...

Great job on the week. I can not agree with you about wanting and needing to workout and the difference. I have always looked at swimming as controlled drounding rather than swimming. If I can make it to the other side of the pool without hitting the bottom of the pool first, then I made it.

9:17 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Great job TJ (and KJ!). I am so ready for daylight savings time and warmer weather, too! :)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

Its good to hear you are enjoying and looking forward again to training. When we do it because we have to, it is probably time to find a new hobby.

And spring is definitely right around the corner.

7:39 PM  
Blogger IronTriTim said...

Great going, the desire to train is starting to come back for me too.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

That's wonderful, it's nice when that feeling comes rolling around again. Sounds like you've got some fun stuff lined up with your training partner!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home