Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Triple Chocolate Meltdown

I never was much of a sweet eater growing up. Not that I was eating celery and carrots rather than cookies and ice cream. I just never did seek out sweets when I was a kid the way my daughter does.

Well.....that's all changed. I blame my wife. It's all her fault. I was blissfully living in my sweet-sheltered existence until she, in her evil chocoholic way, guided me to the dark side. Dark chocolate that is. She believes there should be a whole food group devoted to chocolate. She's totally brought me over to the dark side and I've become as much or more of a chocolate lover than she is.



Which brings me to the subject of this post. There I was, sitting at the table after dinner Saturday night at Applebee's, waiting for the waitress to bring the check. As we waited, I picked up the dessert menu to have a look. I noticed a dessert named Triple Chocolate Meltdown. "WOW! That sounds awesome! I've never noticed it before. It's my birthday (the day before actually). I'm totally going to treat myself and have one of those". I ordered one and it soon arrived. It looked and smelled amazing. I offered to share with D.J. and K.J., but they were too full. So, I proceeded to eat the whole freakin thing myself. It was beyond delicious. 726 calories packed with 31 grams of fatty goodness. Damn it was good!


I can't wait for another special occasion so I can treat myself to another one. I think I may have two after Ironman Florida.

5 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

You sound exactly like me. I never loved sweets like I do now that we have been married for so many years. Now she just points and laughs as I stuff my face.........

*snort, snort* [piggy sounds]

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothin' evil about it - dark chocolate is a health food!

My husband has also been converted to the Dark Side, and now I have to hide my chocolate or it disappears.

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

periodic indulgence is the preventative for infinite boredom...

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be 155lbs of shredded beef if it wasn't for sweets!!!

Instead, I'm...well, a teletubby.

mmmmmmm...chocolate.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Another Georgia Triathlete! I'm psyched. And you're an Irondude too! Awesome. I'll be in Florida for Ironman 07 as a volunteer, I hope. I'm gonna add you to my blog roll so I can follow your journey.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home