Monday, February 26, 2007

Red Velvelicious


Oh man it was good. I’m talkin eyes-rolled-back-in-your-head kinda good. Sick good. Allllmost as good as the Triple Chocolate Meltdown I recently discovered…but not quite.
This red velvet wonder was brought into my presence by a coworker. His wife made it and sent it in for us to try. Needless to say, I raved about it. When word got back to her of my ravingness, she promptly baked ME one…a whole damn cake….just for me.
Being the gentleman I am, I took it upon myself to do the right thing and pay her the ultimate compliment of devouring the whole red velvet wonderfulness that was this cake all by myself. My plan, however, was foiled when the gang here at the office got wind of the existence of cake #2 and persuaded me to part with a portion of it….about 2/3 to be exact. Otherwise, I would have eaten myself into a sugar induced comma.


My much anticipated ride in the 75 degree sunshine Saturday did not happen. Turned out DJ had a conference to attend Saturday that I’d totally forgotten. So I hung out with KJ Saturday and took the day off from training. I could’ve ridden on the trainer, but to be honest, my energy has been running a bit low lately…even with the high octane red velvet jet fuel. Hopefully the day off and a couple of easy days this week will do the trick.


TJ

7 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Ooh. You ate Red Velvet cake AND took the day off from training? Tsk, tsk... LOL. Bad triathlete!! I'm sure that is exactly what your body needed to get ready for next week.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

If loving that cake is wrong, TJ don't wanna be right.

Dude, that looked REALLY good...the frosting...the red velvety cake...mmmmmmmm

9:49 AM  
Blogger TJ said...

guilty as charged.
it was every bit as good as it looks.

10:12 AM  
Blogger DV said...

even though training rocks, i'd easily pick a dad day over a train day anyday...

12:02 PM  
Blogger TJ said...

trijack -- absolutely. we had a blast. started out at chuck e cheese, then to the river for a while and finished off at the park. dad days win out over training days hands down.

12:44 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

Good idea taking a rest day, it's probably what your body needed that day. Sounds like a fun day off. :)

1:01 PM  
Blogger Iron Girl Nyhus said...

That cake looks sooooooooo good!

Laura

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home