Monday, January 29, 2007

I've been tagged...

1. Describe a memory from your first triathlon ever.
Other than, “O Shi#, I’m finally doing this thing”…..
Standing on the shore waiting for the swim to start, I looked up and saw D.J and K.J. standing on the dock smiling, watching, and waiting for me start. That was pretty awesome.

2. Describe a memory from your most recent triathlon.
I was sick the two weeks prior to my last tri. I felt like A$$ and almost didn’t compete. I had some friends coming to watch me race and I really didn’t want to let them down by not racing. I ended up taking third in my age group (my first tri medal). That was pretty cool.

3. What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you in a tri?
Actually, it wasn’t a tri, it was a half marathon. It was the end of the race and I was hurting bad… the tunnel vision going strong. I blew by the final turn that lead to the final 200 yards to the finish line. I realized my mistake, did a U-turn, and made my way to the finish line. Nothing like providing a little free entertainment for the masses.

4. What's the most thrilling thing that's happened to you in a tri?
Crossing the finish line at Gulf Coast Half Ironman with K.J. last year.


5. What is something you discovered about yourself by doing triathlons?
There are so many……I’ll hit a few.
I’ve discovered that I am capable of far more than I ever thought. I’ve discovered I LOVE pushing my body to its limits (not always a good thing). I’ve discovered I can be extremely organized. I’ve discovered that 24 hours just isn’t enough.

6. What is The Big Goal that you're working towards?
Ironman Florida 2007

Wes,FE-LADY, Flatman,
Jen,
IronJenny and
Jay, you've been tagged.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,
You're cold-blooded...I just posted for the day...well, here I go!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Fe-lady said...

If I get a chance, I will get around to it...sometime this week!
Thanks, I think!!!

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, dude. But I haven't done a tri-athlon yet. So, in this case, I am untaggable :-)

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks tj! That was fun!
I am doing IM FL, too... we (4-6 Minnesotans) are staying at the host hotel - the Boardwalk.
This year's IM FL I met a bunch of bloggers and we were all at different hotels (well, 3 here and 4 there...) This year I say the more at one place the better.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved your finish line story. I had a race last year where I just stopped at the run turnaround and looked blankly around like "where do I go now?" ha ha. Funny what oxygen deprivation does to a brain.

Have a great time at IMFL!

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with you that 24 hours just isn't enough! Really forces you to be organized.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home