Monday, January 29, 2007

WIR #4

It’s that time again….week in review.
Monday morning started out with a 1600 yard swim. Monday afternoon was my long run for the week. It was rainy and a bit chilly. I finished up wet and cold with 9.55 slow miles with an average heart rate of 146.

I hit the weight room Tuesday morning for 38 minutes. Tuesday afternoon I did an hour on the trainer, average heart rate of 140.Tuesday night I did about 15 minutes of core work.

Wednesday morning I was back in the pool for 2150 yards. Wednesday afternoon I ran 4.17 miles with an average heart rate of 144. Wednesday night I did 15 minutes of core.

Thursday morning was another strength session of 44 minutes at the Y. Thursday night I did another hour on the trainer, 139 average heart rate. I then jumped off the trainer and onto the treadmill for a 1 mile t-run, average heart rate for the run was 144.

Friday morning I did my long swim of 3000 yards, actually 3050. I use my stop watch to track my laps and I misread it at the end and thought I had one more to go. I felt great during the entire swim and felt like I could have done much more. I ran 5.68 miles Friday afternoon at an average heart rate of 143.

I rode Saturday afternoon (after it warmed up) and ended up with 42.8 miles, average heart rate of 140.

All in all it was a great week. Time-wise I ended up with 13 hours of training. I’m still keeping everything below my capped heart rate of 149, so my paces are still very slow. I’m thinking of adding in a bit of intensity this week to see how my body reacts. Best of all, I’m uninjured and feeling great….and I want to keep it that way.

TJ

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those swims are impressive, and you have an excellent heart rate for running so far. I'm sure you are chaffing at the bit like my other tri friends who are building a "base" right now. Sounds like you are doing it all right to be injury free and feelin great!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job this week. That's really impressive. Keep it up! :)

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home