Thursday, February 01, 2007

One down, ten to go…..

Wow! January is in the books. Seems like just yesterday my wife was waking me up to wish me Happy New Year. If the next ten months go as quickly as January, IMFL will be here in no time.
I added some intensity to one bike workout and one run this week. If all goes well (i.e., I don’t start getting sore or injured), I’ll keep one hard session in each sport per week. One thing is for sure, I’ve lost all the “speed” I had at the end of the summer. It’s hard to believe I ran a 20 minute 5k a few months back. 8 minute miles feel hard right now. I know it’ll come back soon enough.
My first race of the year will be Gulf Coast Triathlon (half) in May, so I have plenty of time to get it back. My main goal is to arrive healthy and fit, which will be very much unlike how I arrived last year.

TJ

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did a 5K in 20 minutes. Holy crap thats good! Unlike triathletes, I haven't taken a break during the winter while training for my HM. Can't afford it. I'm sure you'll feel yourself returning to excellent form in no time, and getting there injury free is the ultimate prize.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hears to staying healthy! my #1 goal also...

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

January just flew by! Here's to staying healthy during 2007!

Thanks so much for the congratulations on my marathon. It's such a great feeling, I can't wait for the next one!

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ran a sub-48 10K around September.

Yesterday, I ran 10K at an 8:30ish pace and about croaked...I'm feeling slow, too.

Around Sept. 9, I think I'll be okay w/a 9:30 pace for 26.2 miles!!!...or slower if I have to!

Stay healthy, brother.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Hey good luck with training for IMFL. I completed my first IM at IMFL this past November,,,it will be an incredible experience for you!

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home