Friday, March 23, 2007

A Different Way To Lace Up

They say there's nothing new under the sun. But as I laced up a new pair of running shoes, I realized my way may be a little different than what most folks are doing. I had a terrible time keeping my shoes tied when I first started running. I didn't know about Yankz or any of the other gizmos out there designed to solve this problem. So I came up with a solution of my own. It may not be pretty, but it works great. And, I only have to tie my shoes once. There may be a couple of re-ties for adjusting to get the fit just right, but after that, no more tieing, and no more coming untied. It also makes for faster T2 times.

So here it is:


First, lace up as you normally would and tie a double knot.



Next, thread the "loops" of the double knot under a row of laces with about a quarter inch of the loops coming through.



Then, thread the tips of the laces through the loops.


Then insert the tip into an eyelet. Choose an eylet high enough which will keep the laces tight enough.



Pull the tip through just enough that it can be bent towards the top of the shoe. Pull the tongue up and you're all set.






CAN WE GO PLAY NOW!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bolder said...

i think your dog definitely approves!

actually, it's more a look of utmost admiration!!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home