Wednesday, March 07, 2007

DAMN!

I decided I’d up the effort of my long run Monday…just a bit…nothing crazy. Just a 5-10 beat increase in my heart rate per minute. Everything was going fine until mile 11 of the 12 mile run. My left knee begin to hurt. I finished the run and the pain went away. Got up yesterday morning and…..DAMN. That old familiar pain was back. My ITBand is revolting again. I called it quits after 30 minutes on the trainer last night due to the pain in my knee. I’ll probably skip today’s run and try the trainer again tomorrow.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I’ll be doing lots of swimming for a while.

9 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

IT bands seem to be everyones nemesis these days! Do you have the proverbial foam roller? Get one and roll the crap out of it. That seems to be the going therapy.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

That really sucks. I sincerely hope the issue is very temporary.

I suggest the suggestion on the foam roller. I have been using it for a number of months of (sometimes painful) success.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

Ditto w/Spokan Al...get better quickly, brother.

3:05 PM  
Blogger DV said...

I C E !!!!!

9:27 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Yep, foam roller, ice, and rest are my recommendations too. You'll be fine. Have fun sharpening your swimming skills!

6:46 PM  
Blogger ShirleyPerly said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog.

Hope you're able to get over this ITB flare-up quickly. I'm using my ankle as an excuse to swim more, which I need to do anyway.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Iron Girl Nyhus said...

FOAM ROLLER FOAM ROLLER FOAM ROLLER FOAM ROLLER

4:26 PM  
Blogger SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) said...

Bummer!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Bummer! S-T-R-E-T-C-H and get thee to a foam roller, it'll be better in no time. In the meantime, have fun swimming. Get about 20 of your biggest friends to jump up and down in the pool and another ten to hit you with swim noodles while you're doing laps, and that will get you ready for the waves at IMFL :-)

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home