Tuesday, March 13, 2007

NO PAIN!

After the ITBS flare up last Monday, I decided to take the week off from running. Looks like that was the cure for what ailed me. I did lots of swimming and did some easy biking through the week on the trainer just to keep things moving. I iced and rolled and did all the things suggested. Thanks! I’m going to slowly ramp my running volume back up and drop things off at the slightest hint of pain.


The forecast Saturday was absolutely perfect. 80 degrees and sunny. My knee was feeling great and I just couldn’t pass up the offer from a couple of friends to ride Saturday afternoon. We ended up with 60 miles. Other than one brief stop, it was steady riding the whole way. My knee did great. I decided to test the knee with some running yesterday and did an easy 4-miler. No pain!


With the time change comes the resumption of weekday rides with the roadie dudes. I’m sure it will be fast and furious. Today will be the first of those rides and hopefully things won’t get too far out of hand. But to be honest, I’m looking forward to some hard riding. I’ll drop off if my IT band isn’t quite as ready as I am.


The one upside to being injured is free time. I spent a good portion of my non-running free time last week shopping for stuff I’ve been "needing". I’ll share the details later in the week.


TJ

7 Comments:

Blogger Wes said...

Alright! That's good news. 60 miles on the bike and 4 on the running shoes is an excellent test. Glad to hear everything is smoothing out.

8:21 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Very cool!! I'm so glad your knee is better. Great job letting it heal and not pushing it. Enjoy the afternoon ride today!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Spokane Al said...

That is great news about your knee. Glad to hear things are once again back on track.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

Excellent!

60 miles...NICE RIDE!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Tri-Dummy said...

Forgot about this...
Pain, Pain, Go Away.
Come Again...
Never.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Iron Girl Nyhus said...

AWESOME... just be careful now... like tri-dummy said, pain pain go away!!!!

4:52 PM  
Blogger DV said...

a week of rest does the body (and mind) good, eh?

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home